What is a Roof Truss?
Roof Trusses or trussed rafters are individually designed timber components, engineered to provide a structural frame for a wide range of roof structures.
Prefabricated timber roof trusses are used in over 90% of all modern housing and in an increasingly large proportion of commercial and industrial buildings, particularly those with a varied and interesting roof design.
As roof structures are becoming increasingly complex, housebuilders are looking to major roof truss manufacturers, such as Scotts, to offer expertise and cost effective solutions. Scotts works with many of the leading housebuilders and construction companies and is a member of the Trussed Rafter Association.
So, if you are looking to specify or buy timber roof trusses, the Scotts trussed rafter roofs can offer you:
- A flexible, fully timber engineered solution
- Speed of construction and reduced site labour costs, by utilising pre-fabricated components
- Space saving on-site, with no need for timber storage
- The capability to accept a wide range of roof and ceiling coverings
- Design flexibility to accommodate the wide range of services required in modern buildings
Scotts staff are happy to advise you on the best timber engineering solution to suit your specific needs. Utilising the latest software, Scotts is able to design roof structures and roof trusses to meet the most exacting of project specifications.