At Scotts, we are receiving more interest and enquiries for types of mixed use building, incorporating stables, garages and storage.
We recently created a distinctive lifestyle building for a customer in East Anglia who needed to replace a very old, 3 open-sided barn that was not attractive or fit for purpose. It had no security for vehicles and only fitted 2 horses.
The specification for the replacement building was very clear:
- To meet Grade II listed building planning criteria and regulations
- A mixed use building to aesthetically fit alongside the home and other old outbuildings
- Internal beams to match the existing garage and home
- 2 loose boxes for large horses plus one larger box for foaling and / or as a spare loose box for a third horse in the future
- Overhang on the stable, to use as a washdown area
- Secure space for three vehicles plus one additional garage area for front loading tractor
- Fireproof lining between the garages and stables
- Storage area, to the rear, for hay, horse feed and quad bike
- Integral log store
- Improved look from the roadside, as compared to the old building
Scotts was the only company, that the customer contacted, that offered a bespoke solution, incorporating both garage and stable areas in an attractive mixed use building. The customer was closely involved in the design phase although Scotts handled the planning permission application.
Once signed off, the groundworks were completed by a local building contractor and the bespoke lifestyle building was manufactured and installed by Scotts personnel.
The customer is delighted with the final outcome and has been pleased with positive comments from local residents, as well as family and friends. The horses have soon settled into their new home and the garages are already full! The hay storage area is working well and can easily be accessed as needed.
So, if you want more from your buildings, contact Scotts to see how we can assist meeting your individual requirements, to suit all family members whether horse or car lovers!