Porch canopies come in many different styles and materials and not only add character to a property but they are easy to install and can add both practical and aesthetic qualities to a home.
So, what benefits do they provide for both the housebuilder and homeowner?
• Kerb appeal – Everyone knows that an attractive house is a desirable house, and the addition of a door canopy can greatly improve any home’s appearance. This in turn can improve saleability in a competitive housing market.
• Character – The use of porch canopies is a cost-effective way for housebuilders and developers to add real character to a development. They are especially useful in turning a row of modern terrace homes into properties with personality. Alternating the styles of the canopies can also improve the appearance of the street, and, more importantly, bring a certain individuality to the properties and the development itself.
• Style – With current trends encompassing retro and vintage, new build house designs are frequently looking at times gone by and the addition of a porch canopy is a quick and easy way to evoke a certain period in history, including Georgian and Victorian.
• Colour – Traditionally porch canopies are finished in a natural wood or with a white paint finish. However, they can be painted to match the front door for a more striking and distinctive look.
• Practicality – The British weather is notoriously damp and wet, and there’s nothing worse than standing outside a front door, getting soaked. A well-designed porch canopy is a functional way of providing shelter from the elements, both rain and sunshine.
• Easy to install – Porch canopies are available in all different sizes, shapes and finishes and, in general, are quick and easy to install. A key advantage of timber porch canopies is our ability to design and manufacture bespoke porches for new build projects. Furthermore, timber porches offer structural performance, allowing for all tile solutions to be fitted.
• Site management – Working with manufacturers who can deliver just-in-time scheduling means that prompt deliveries can be made to the development site when needed, making planning easier for site managers and helping project management timings stay on track. Working with a reliable and experienced manufacturer, such as Scotts, means that they can handle varying orders, from a volume order of standard porches to bespoke feature canopies for luxury properties.
Visit our website for further details on our porch canopy solutions for housebuilders and developers or call us on 01832 732366.