Why not make your summerhouse fit for a royal wedding celebration?
It has been a right royal time over the past few weeks – especially as last month saw the birth of Prince Louis Arthur Charles Windsor, a new son for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge who became fifth in line to the throne.
If that wasn’t enough royal excitement for one year, this month we have the wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle to look forward to. It will take place on Saturday 19th May and will no doubt be watched and enjoyed around the world.
For Scotts, the weekend kicks off another royal cause for celebration, as we will be exhibiting at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show which we have attended for around 40 years. The show certainly has the royal seal of approval, last year Her Majesty The Queen herself attended the world-renowned event.
We’ve got some ideas for you to throw your very own royal garden party featuring a beautiful summerhouse in the run up to our display at Chelsea.
- Hang flags and bunting around your summerhouse.
- Fill your garden with an array of blooming flowers, particularly reds and whites, to set a patriotic scene.
- Move a TV into the summerhouse and safely connect it up to the mains so you can stream the wedding live for all to see in a sheltered spot.
- Food is always important at any party. We recommend preparing an afternoon tea for you and your guests to enjoy, scones and sandwiches, and don’t forget the strawberries and cream!
- Play some funny party games to put a smile on everyone’s faces – think pin the crown on the prince.
- Finally, create some summery drinks then wish for some sun!
Upload pictures of your royal party on social media tagging in Scotts of Thrapston, and if you’re visiting Chelsea, be sure to stop at our stand and say hello!