Covid-19 / Coronavirus statement
A statement from James Scott, Managing Director, detailing the Company’s position with respect to Coronavirus / Covid-19.
Scotts has prepared the following statement and will monitor it as the Coronavirus pandemic situation develops and changes.
* * * * * * *
Given the Coronavirus / Covid-19 pandemic, we would like to reassure our customers and suppliers that Scotts of Thrapston will continue to trade, responding to enquiries as normally as possible.
As a company, we are continually monitoring the current situation and government guidance on the Coronavirus outbreak. Our duty of care to our staff, customers and suppliers is of paramount importance.
Our management team are undertaking regular virtual meetings to review the changing situation and updates from Government agencies and the World Health Organisation. We are monitoring this closely and ensuring that we are as prepared as we can be.
To ensure the safety of our employees and visitors, we are working together to reduce the opportunity of the virus spreading.
Read our Risk assessment:
Control & Reduce the Spread of Covid-19 Coronavirus in the working environment
Although we are operating with skeleton staff, with limited manufacturing and deliveries at this time, we have put in place the following procedures:
• Additional stocks of cleaning products and hand sanitisers distributed around the company.
• Instructing employees in best hygiene practice, promoting regular and thorough handwashing.
• Supporting staff with respect to self-isolation where they are showing symptoms or have travelled from affected areas.
• Postponing the need to attend off-site business meetings with customers and suppliers.
• Operating many of our office-based job roles remotely so that we can continue to operate across most functions on a day to day basis.
At Scotts, our focus remains on ‘Business as Usual’, as much as we possibly can, and uninterrupted communications with our valued customers whilst we remain diligent and responsive to government recommendations and guidance.
We sincerely hope that the impact on our staff, customers and their families is minimal.