A summerhouse isn’t just a beautiful addition to the garden when the sun is out and the days are long. As October comes to an end and the dark evenings set in, we take a look at ways in which you can decorate your summerhouse to provide a spooky atmosphere for a Halloween party.
Whether you are spending time with family or friends this Halloween, throwing a party is an ideal way to bring everyone together to make the most of the occasion.
Turning your summerhouse into a creepy cabin for the evening is great for surprising your guests with a truly eerie setting
Here are some fun ideas as to what you could do:
- Create signs from your home to the summerhouse with scary phrases like ‘Follow the signs if you dare’ ‘Don’t look behind you’ ‘This way to the creepy cabin’.
- Fill pumpkins with fairy lights and place them around the summerhouse to create an ominous orange glow.
- Use the summerhouse for pumpkin carving and see who comes up with the best design.
- Pull apart cotton wool and hang it from the ceiling to imitate spider’s webs.
- Hang a spooky mask outside the summerhouse window to make it look like there’s a ghoulish figure staring into the party.
- Create a fearsome feast using cauldrons filled with comforting stews to keep your guests cosy.
- Play Halloween hits during the party to create a real thriller.